As I said just yesterday, carbs are a fat persons Kryptonite and none of us are men of steel. So when you have the cravings for desserts, it’s time to feed the beast but not the addiction. The addiction in this case is the sugar we love so much. So my Paleo and NSNG friendos, it’s time to adapt the recipe to our newfound lives.
I harken back to my childhood and my parents were always making something homemade and delicious. Sometimes they would get on assorted kicks in the kitchen when they got a new appliance. Some of the highlights were the Ronco rotisserie oven, slow-cookers, and my personal favorite of a bread machine. Can you imagine being a fat kid coming home after school to the smell of freshly baked breads? One of my favorites is Banana bread, the smell of fresh baked can’t be matched.
So I decided to adapt a recipe for my needs and make a Paleo/NSNG friendly Banana bread. Here’s what you’ll need:
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 Oranges, freshly juiced
1/4 C. Milk, I use Fairlife.
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 C. Coconut flour
1/2 C. Unsalted Pecans, chopped, seperated.
1/2 tsp low sodium salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder (grain free)
1/2 tsp baking soda
How to make it:
1. Whisk all dry ingredients (coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda)
2. Combine all wet ingredients (bananas, eggs, milk, extract, orange juice)
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and get as smooth as possible. 4. Add half the nuts in to mixture and incorporate. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes for coconut flour to absorb.
5. Grease a silicone loaf pan with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350°F
6. Pour mixture in greased pan, top with remaining Pecans.
7. Cook in oven for 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean upon testing. Mine took 48 minutes. Let cool in silicone pan before removing.
What you’re left with us exactly what the fat kid in you was craving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my friends and I did, they were truly amazed how moist and delicious this is for being “diet food”…..I personally assume they meant “lifestyle food”.
“Every step you take is a step in the right direction”