TEMPTATION!!! If you’re a big guy like myself, you have probably had a lot of love for carbs. Whether it be donuts, breads, waffles, etc. we all have our weaknesses. One of my is nice fluffy warm pancakes on a weekend morning. If you’re even more like me when you hear the word pancakes you think of Prince
serving them after a game of basketball.
When you’re making changes in life, pancakes become a luxury that you don’t get. So this weekend my parents really wanted Strawberry pancakes but didn’t want to make me feel left out. Knowing that pancakes aren’t an option for me, UNTIL NOW!! So as I perused the interwebs I found many recipes for coconut flour pancakes and EUREKA! time to whip some up. While the original recipes were Paleo friendly, I went one step further to be NSNG friendly by taking out the sugar. So here’s what you need: Each recipe makes 8, 1/4 Cup Pancakes.
1/2 C. milk, I use Fairlife to add protein and cut sugar.
3 T coconut oil (liquid state, not solid)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C. Coconut flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder (grain free recipe)
1/4 tsp low sodium salt
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Almond extract
1 apple, peeled, cored, diced.
Put it together:
1. In a small pan cook the apples in a small amount of Coconut oil until tender, set aside to cool.
2. In a food processor, blend apples, milk, extracts, and Coconut oil together.
3. Beat eggs until pale yellow and fluffy.
4. Add eggs to blended Apple mixture.
5. Whisk all dry ingredients together.
6. Combine wet and dry mixture together until mixture is smooth with no lumps.
7. On a skillet on medium heat, grease with a small amount of Coconut oil. In 1/4 Cup scoops cook the pancake 3-4 minutes on the first side until bubbling, flip and cook until set and cooked through 1-2 minutes. Serve how you like it.c
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, again not everyone is NSNG (no sugar/no grain) like I am but this certainly helps the cravings and fills you up.
“Every step you take is a step in the right direction”